The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Spyder Convertible Switch in Trunk. Need Help Spyder Owners.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Long story short I bought a "project car" that had everything gutted in the trunk. Well the top will not go down and there is no switch in sight. Can someone either take a picture of the switch/plug or tell me the wire colors. Thanks for any help guys. It is supposed to be behind the drivers side taillight correct?

Wait, the switch to drop the convertible in the trunk?

The switch is in the cockpit... In the center of the Dash. Right above the HVAC Controls there are 2 vents and on the right side there is a thin switch and thats what drops and puts up the top. Its the same switch that we hard top guys have for our rear windshield wipers.

yes.... there is a cut off switch for the convertible top behind the tail light..... it cuts the power to the top so you can manually open the top without damaging the motors .......i will try and post a pic tonight..... i accidently fliped the switch to the manual position last year when i was messing with my trunk..... i thougt my top motors went out and took it to mitsubishi...... the tech called me and told me it was the switch..... i felt like a retard.......:D

It's on the drivers side behind the removable panel in the trunk. Just pop out the panel and you will find a black switch about 1" wide in there. But like 99gsthdwcc said, it's only a cut off switch. The switch that activates the motors is on the dash.

Yup, there is no interior or switch back there. Just a lot of empty plugs. Any clues on the wire colors? Thanks guys!

Got it figured out. Thanks guys.

There is a black switch in the trunk on the driver side trunk panel. You have to remove the panel covering the tail light bulbs. The switch would be in there. If it is set to manual, you'd never have power connected to the top. If the switch is selected for power, and your top still doesn't work, there's an entirely different set of problems to sort through.

All these replies and no photos, currently in the garage replacing the top, figured I'd snap some quick.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
thanks for the photo. I guess I just don't have a switch!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back