The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Continuation of Build thread/blog

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drivemusicnow

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 15, 2004
Germany, Europe
The entire drivetrain is back together, the Trans is back in and the brakes have their new SS lines. The Calipers were rebuilt, and the brake system was bled completely through with Motul fluid. The Ksports are mounted.

I finished replacing some broken electrical connectors, rewiring some sensors, and replacing some questionably old wiring. I've also finished all of the interior wiring with the exception of still missing the AEM EMS. (a little low on cash flow at the moment)

Things left to do:
Fabricate Intake piping (including IAT bung)
Mount intercooler
Duct work
exhaust and wastegate dumptube
Mount dash and gauges.
replace front LCA ball joints
purchase AEM.

Soooo, a much shorter list than before, but still enough to keep me busy.

Looking good man, keep up the good work. I'm in the middle of taking my motor out for a 6 bolt swap. You are going to have a sick build! :)

Soo a few more weeks and a bit more progress. Charge pipes are done and I'm finishing up the wastegate piping as well as the exhaust. I've been adding a lot of heat shielding including one that I'm particularly proud of. I used some 3 layer insulation material to completely block the exhaust manifold, turbine housing, and downpipe from my alternator, oil filter and power steering. Actually looks pretty decent as well. I should have the car mechanically ready to go in the next week.

I picked up some new harnesses and am working on mounting the new ultrashield pro road race seat in the car. I have to relocate the back brace and add some spacers to the bottom of the seat and I should be set.

The dash is back in with all of the new gauges wired up and ready to go. I'm going to add a couple extra brackets to keep it secure and it will be done.

This pretty much just leaves the AEM, a few sensors, ductwork, and ball joints left.

I'm getting quite anxious to actually drive this thing and put some hard track miles on it. It's been quite the adventure and I'm ready to reap some of the rewards of all this hardwork.

Update:

I think... Maybe possibly hopefully... The car will start again this Friday!

I'm WAY excited.

I took some pictures tonight of the current progress. I've checked off:
Fabricate Intake piping (including IAT bung)
Mount intercooler
exhaust and wastegate dumptube
Mount dash and gauges.
purchase AEM.

I'm still awaiting the AEM and hopefully that will be here in the next day or two. I've also ordered a filter which should be here soon as well. I have to pick up one coolant hose from autozone (I've mocked up the shape I need, now I just have to go through the 500 hoses to find the right one.)

I can't mount the new seat. Seriously, it is such a huge PITA I'm tossing in my fabricator card and taking it to a shop. Soo many things going on, and the seat is fairly wide so it makes it all that much harder.

Apparently I can't post pictures without hosting them somewhere, So I'll link you to my gallery. http://www.dsmtuners.com/gallery/browseimages.php?do=member&imageuser=42198

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back