The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ConspirAC321y

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzzy

Supporting Member
Mar 13, 2022
Chandler, Arizona
So… AC321 Idle Air Control Valve. Currently appears to show up for around $40 at autozone if you search google, but doesn’t show up in stores. If you ask for a 2g DSM IAC you will be pointed to something that costs 3x more. But… if you order the AC321 online they will ship it next day from exactly the store that said, “🤷‍♂️“. Get your $40 IAC while they last!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

No, mine was just a strange find. I found it through a google search. It appears to be the exact same. Just different model and half to a 10th of the price. I think STM has it for like $400. It was just crazy that the stores couldn’t find it in their inventory.

So you should be fine.

I mean… worst case you take it to the nearest auto zone and return it for the $125 one.

I just went outside and checked, mine is different. It has three phillips head screws instead of the two. It's not going to work. Thanks for letting us know though.

No shit… thanks for checking! I have so many throttle bodies that look alike I guess I assumed.

You know what, I may be wrong. I'm going to pull the battery tomorrow and get my phone camera down in there. I'm wondering if those three phillips bolts take the IACV apart instead of attaching it to the TB. I just rebuilt the throttle body like two months ago I can't believe I didn't pay more attention to it.

I just went outside and checked, mine is different. It has three phillips head screws instead of the two. It's not going to work. Thanks for letting us know though.
Look again. The end cap has 3 screws. That's not where it mounts. The mounting flange should have 2 screws.

You know what, I may be wrong. I'm going to pull the battery tomorrow and get my phone camera down in there. I'm wondering if those three phillips bolts take the IACV apart instead of attaching it to the TB. I just rebuilt the throttle body like two months ago I can't believe I didn't pay more attention to it.
You are correct, the 3 phillips screw are on the earlier version. The latest version does not have them. Both have the same mounting points.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Thank you Pauley and Foursixty, I'm going to order one of the 45 dollar ones from autozone and give it a shot. I've got high idle once the car is warm, first I'll test the resistance on the IACV but if it's not the IACV it must be the FIAV.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back