The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Computer Geeks Help...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimG

N/T Moderator
Jun 28, 2002
Aurora, ON_Canada
I have Windows 98 because I run a sh*tty 800MHz P3. Anyway I have Internet Explorer 6.1 with a 128-bit security cypher strength. I can't seem to get onto a few web sites that I WAS able to get onto a week ago. It's not my internet connection because my brothers computer works for the sites that I want to go on and we share a connection. The sites I can't seem to be able to go on are http://ca.dsm.org and my college website (which I need). The colege site is also a dot ca (.ca) website. I don't have any filters on or computer firewalls. Anyone have any ideas?

try booting to safe mode and click start then run and type in sfc. it will kind of do a repair on internet explorer. if that doesnt work download a program called spybot which you can get from download.com. it scans the comp for any spyware shit and gets rid of it. also scan for viruses. oh and one other thing you can click start then run and type msconfig and when that comes up click on the startup tab going across the top and uncheck everything except scanreg, taskmonitor, systemtray and loadpowerprofile. what this does is disables programs from starting up when the comp does, it doesnt remove them they just wont be running in the background. hope this helps.

How do I boot in safe mode?

shut your computer down then right when you turn it on start tapping the F8 key until you get advanced options then select safe mode and hit enter.

try looking at your IE preferences, and see if the content advisor is turned on.

Those are all good thing to do. As well on a P3 800 you can run XP and it will aleviate a whole lot of problems that you are having. I had a P3 650 a few weeks ago and ran XP on it with absolutly no problmes. It was acctually faster than 98 and more stable.

Word of advice, try updating windows first off all. After windows is updated update any hardware on your pc. (Videocard especially) Next type GET WINDOWS 2000. I was running 2000 for years on my 450mhz p3 and it was running sweet. 2000 fixes alot of errors that 98 has especially the NTSC file format. Trust me 800mhz will do just fine on 2000.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back