The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

compression test

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xjynxx

Probationary Member
Mar 6, 2006
High point, North_Carolina
I compression tested my eclipse today and I got all the way through it and I forgot to open the throttle wide open and I did not get another chance today because it just got dark is it okay to test with out wide open throttle or do I need to redue it tommorow and can it throw the numbers off that much, Im hoping not because the compression was good and I dont really have the money to tear it down and rebuild

It shouldn't be drastic, but it will affect the numbers. I wouldn't worry too much, just do it again.

if anything it would cause your numbers to be low since your car didn't the air for the compression in the cylinders.

^^ I'm not sure if that's correct. I thought the pedal needed to be on the floor b/c the injectors will not deliver fuel when cranking at WOT. The fuel could seal up potential leaks. I could be wrong though, maybe it's a combination of both or I'll fail my next drug test.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back