The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Composite to MLS Head Gasket

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talipse96

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 15, 2010
Brodhead, Wisconsin
I have read alot, tried to piece the information together but still don't have much to go off of. As of right now I have a fel-pro composite gasket. I want to go to a MLS gasket but am worried about it sealing. What is the best way I can make sure that I don't push coolant? Will the residue from the composite gasket keep the MLS gasket from sealing properly? The block and head have already been resurfaced. Its just not a mirror shine anymore.

I already have the ARP's. The block has been decked and the head has been milled. I'm just wondering if cleaning the composite off is going to be enough. I keep reading that people without the mirror finish keep pushing coolant. Is a mirror finish something that really has to be done or is a true flat surface good enough?

I read and read but didn't find that thread. I guess I have to call up my machine shop and ask them what RA they used before I clean it for no reason. Thank you for the link.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back