The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Compliments

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SorionC57

Probationary Member
Mar 13, 2003
PennsylvaniaUS
Was reading “Dsm going up in value” thread and it got me thinking

Through the years I’ve got to own and drive drive some pretty nice cars. Caddy cts-v, Mercedes amg, Lexus LC, currently drive black line Lexus gx. Mini trucks, boss302, three DSMs. Nothing has been getting compliments, beeps and people stopping like my 98gsx has been getting over the past year. Old people young people. It just draws attention.

Last fall was at a car show parked next to a mclaren. Went and walked around the show and there was 15 people checking out the hail damaged eclipse with their back to the mclaren. I’d kill for a picture of it. I actually tried to park in the public area and they directed to park with the show cars.

People stop at the house when it’s outside. This guy wasn’t even delivering to my house.

Cool story bro I know. This car sure puts a smile on my face. :D

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

When I was towing mine across two states with a cover completely over it, I still had a guy come up to me while I was stopped at a gas station filling up the moving truck. He asked what was under the cover because he saw the sleek shape, rear diff and straight exhaust because the trailer sat so high and had to know. When I pulled up just the back and showed him the tail lights he instantly lit up and smiled. Moments like that remind me why I am putting so much work into the car and how these cars are coming back into their own.

It can really lift your spirit when someone admires your ride. It really blows my mind when I'm parked next to a new Mustang or Camaro and the younger guys are cheeking out my ride. I don't see how they take so much pride in those cars when all they did was buy them at a lot. I pride myself on having a car twenty years old and being rust-free... A little memorial I made to Paul Walker...

It can really lift your spirit when someone admires your ride. It really blows my mind when I'm parked next to a new Mustang or Camaro and the younger guys are cheeking out my ride. I don't see how they take so much pride in those cars when all they did was buy them at a lot. I pride myself on having a car twenty years old and being rust-free... A little memorial I made to Paul Walker...

This is awesome man. Funny though, the first thing I think of would be like a plaque that says Danger to manifold mounted on a diamond plate floor pan with green washers/rivets glued to it LOL.

Last edited:
For some context on my story, I went to a private school in a very wealthy area of TN. All the people in my grade were rolling up in brand new Audis, BMW's, Mercedes, and if they totaled the car at any point their parents would just buy them something even more expensive. I was not that kid, and nor was I a popular kid in my class of around 200 people. In fact, not a lot of people liked me at all, but they loved my cars:

The first day I brought my beat up Porsche 944 to school, I was getting people asking about it for the next 2 weeks in a row. These weren't even my friends or anything, there were people who practically wouldn't associate with me at all walking up to me asking about it. The paint was scratched to hell and the car was slower than some of the lifted trucks parked next to me, but they didn't care. It had that 80's design language that everyone could appreciate, and lots of people liked it.

Then, I gave the 944 to my dad after I decided I wanted something faster. So I bought a DSM and brought that to my school as well. Not nearly as many people approached me this time, but those who did were car guys and gals who knew that my 95 Talon was something special. And it really is something special, and I still get compliments from car guys at my College about it. However, its so niche that no one takes pictures of it in at my house, or when its parked in my schools parking lot, or when I'm out and about running errands. It just goes to show how little people know about these cars (at least where I live anyways).

I have to agree that the DSM seems still attract a lot of attention or even more since it’s getting more rare to see a clean one!

I took my car over to a friends last week and a car came flying up to me on the freeway. It got next to me and the rear window rolled down and the kid(13ish) in the back was giving the thumbs up and began recording so I gave him a pull!

The cars guys at shows know when the DSM rolls in haha

I’ve had a couple people give me thumbs up when I was driving the red 2G. Such an attention getter.

What surprises me continually is the talon. As beat up and rough as it looks, I get people CONSISTENTLY stopping and trying to get me to sell it to them. Pretty cool honestly but I am not making that mistake again. Lol.

I think older cars that are still in decent shape in general are starting to get more attention. Every single time I take out my swapped 89 colt 1 or 2 people stop to talk to me about it and tell me how cool they think it is. It's crazy because 10 years ago noone would look twice at this thing LOL.

One nice warm night, my wife and I put the top of the Spyder down and headed out to run a couple errands. A guy in a lifted truck came to his stop sign at the 4 way at the same time. We went first but I noticed he was making the same turns as we were. When we pulled in to the lighted shopping center parking lot, he parked about 30 feet away and ran over, waving at us before we could even get out. He said, "Man, I'm sorry. I just gotta take a couple pictures of a 2G in Monarch Green! You don't see that color often. I'm sorry I ever sold mine. Thanks!" He snapped a couple pictures on his cell phone and hopped back in his truck and took off. It felt weird, but we were glad to make his night.

What surprises me continually is the talon. As beat up and rough as it looks, I get people CONSISTENTLY stopping and trying to get me to sell it to them. Pretty cool honestly but I am not making that mistake again. Lol.
ditto here. I've had several people leave notes wanting to buy it. Even with clearcoat cancer I still get people oogling over it. My 14y son's friend couldn't get enough of it and just had to see under the hood. It's all stock and he couldn't stop drooling. Of course my kids don't give a rats ass about it.

ditto here. I've had several people leave notes wanting to buy it. Even with clearcoat cancer I still get people oogling over it. My 14y son's friend couldn't get enough of it and just had to see under the hood. It's all stock and he couldn't stop drooling. Of course my kids don't give a rats ass about it.

To be fair if I lived near you I’d be harassing you to sell me that 1G even if it had human feces smeared all over it. Lol.

Nobody compliments the galant until I beat them in a race haha.
Yeah.....me too. Half the time it's mistaken for a Nissan Sentra. Then they see it run down the track and mob it when I return to the pits. "What's in that thing?" "What is it?" Note: Car STILL has factory badges on the trunk lid. :mad: 🙄

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back