The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Completely missed jury duty.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auto96GSX

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 17, 2004
San Francisco, California
What can I say, I had asked for an extension for my jury duty because of college classes, and then after having to make a move into a new place, I completely forgot, not to mention had none of the papers, to go to jury duty. Anyone with some information on this let me know exactly how screwed I am for this?

One of my buddies has been religiously throwing out the notices since he was 18, and he's not in jail yet...

Contact the court and find out what to do. We would hate to see an outstanding warrant issued against you for being in contempt of court.

Unfortunately, it depends on the laws of your state so I don't have a real response, but call them up and explain the situation, they should let it go. :thumb: :dsm:

Quasimondo said:
Contact the court and find out what to do. We would hate to see an outstanding warrant issued against you for being in contempt of court.

Yep contact the court. My mom did the same thing a while back and someone called her and told her that she was going to have a warrent for her arrest. She told them her reasoning (health related) so they said get a note from your doctor and send it to us. So I would say call and see what they say. They should tell you what to do.

BiGGinZ

I am sorry to say this but..................your going to get the chair.

Sinner said:
I am sorry to say this but..................your going to get the chair.

OMG

Hehe, I went one time. They wasted 5 hours of my time for absolutely nothing. "Oh, the case may go to court soon." Keep repeating that and you could be a court worker ROFL Since then, I've not gone.

Call the courts. They will place your name back on the list and you have another few months before you get contacted again.

Jury duty is fun, I cant wait to get a summon. I always served in a criminal trial after I got out of college. After I got a job, they always kicked me out of the panel when I say Im a scientist. :confused:

In SF, I'd just let it go. They'll call if they care, and they have a whole lot else to care about before your name comes up.

I skipped two in Stockton, and still haven't heard from them. Went to one in Sacramento, but wasn't empaneled, and once you go they give you a skip for some long time because they have so many people to choose from.

It's so easy to get out of jury duty. I never have time to deal with that crap and even with them paying you, I'd lose money jerking around with that stuff. I suppose someone has to do it, but it's sure not me.

Just call them up and tell them you are a racist and they will excuse you. It's worked everytime I've told them that.

Btw I'm not racist but they don't need to know that, cough cough ROFL

I realize jury duties not fun but for everyone that tries to get out of it it's your civic duty to serve on a jury. Let the courts and lawyers decide if your biased and unfit to serve. The first time I served jury duty I missed a day of college to go but it was an excused abscence and they reimbersed me 3X what my travel costs were. I've been summoned every year after that although I couldn't go because of being stationed overseas.

Ive gotten about 6-7 of these in the past 3 years and never went to any of them because i was either on vacation or doing full time classes. I don't have the time to go waste waiting to see if the case would go to court or whatever. But so far am not in jail....yet anyway LOL

jamal said:
It's so easy to get out of jury duty. I never have time to deal with that crap and even with them paying you, I'd lose money jerking around with that stuff. I suppose someone has to do it, but it's sure not me.
Here's hoping your jury is filled with yous. :toobad:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back