The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Complete Interior Rebuild In Progress- More Interior Progress!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flash

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 30, 2003
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
In this update I have started to install the interior wiring harness. I started from the back and worked my way forward. This will be one of the least exciting updates. I am personally pumped when I can get the dash back in, install my Sparco seats and install my Schroth harness! Stay tuned!

In the next update I will be messing with the Stack wiring, the front interior harness, rewiring some things, heat shrinking other things, running the wires for my gauges. And in the next next update I will be showing off my powder coated parts. Hint- you can't have a bare metal shifter base with Coke stains on it exposed... that's not good looking!

How did you remove all the glue/tar black stuff from the insides of the doors? The stuff that holds the plastic on?

I used aircraft stripper. It worked perfectly! Then you just sand away to prep it for paint. I also had a lot of Dynamat black tar that I had to remove also. I refused to photograph that because I spent well over 10 hours on the driver side door. It was a nightmare, but with enough effort and self-motivation I think it came out pretty good.

any plans for your sunroof or strengthening the roof? I m going for a similar look to yours. I dont want to loose my sunroof but I want to cage the car too. I want the sunroof to still be easily removable, but I want to stiffen the roof. Would be nice to easily remove the sunroof on track days, and have a CF plug or something if necessary.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back