The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Complete Driveshaft Rebuild including Lobro Inspection - Videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Recently I was having some horrible driveshaft thump under load (heard in the first video). I decided to rebuild the driveshaft and used all OEM parts except for the Torque Solution carrier bearing bushings. I was fortunate enough to have a local DSM'er help out and he happens to make some great YouTube videos. We also disassembled the Lobro for inspection, and it was quite simple. I hope that this video makes you more confident about your next rebuild and Happy Boosting.

Robert

Driveshaft 101 - Parts, Tools & Tips - YouTube

Driveshaft 102 - Remove Universal Joints - YouTube

Driveshaft 103 - Replacing carrier bearings - YouTube

Driveshaft 104 - Lobro Joint Tech - YouTube

Driveshaft 105 - Install U-joints - YouTube

Great writeup!

Adding some info, you don't want to use aftermarket u-joints or this will happen:

Holset Hx40 talon - YouTube

Yes, that's the driveshaft flying out from under the car at the end. It broke the transfer case on it's way out as well. The aftermarket parts store u-joints split right at the cross because they're drilled the entire way though so grease can flow through them. May be fine for street-driven daily drivers, but they sure don't like 10-second passes too well.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back