The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Competition Clutch Twin Disc Squeal

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM Chase

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 19, 2011
Senoia, Georgia
Installed my brand new Competition clutch twin disc, everything is good has the usual twin disc rattle when disengaged but if you engage it really fast it will squeal a little like when the pads grab... And also if you are going down the road and put it into gear really fast it will squeal, It feels great it goes into gear so easily i just gotta get used to it but is this normal?

anyone?

Last edited:
My twin disk makes a ton of noise. My tuners gave me this great tip. "If you wanna go fast, your gonna have to make more noise" Its very true. haha its most likely just part of the break in, and it will stop or become quieter soon.

i swapped trannys on my 6 puck and it squealed. I launched it once and it burned the clutch a lil bit and no more squeal LOL. I might try doing that if i where you LOL. I'm serious too man, no joke.

Yes, its completely normal. It'll get quieter, but it will always do it unless you run an organic or full carbon disk.

No, its not normal. Stay away from comp clutch, its junk. I installed one on my 2011 sti with brand new built motor.. it Sreeches or squeals like crazy engaging in every year, first and reverse are the worst. I called comp about the issue as soon as it was installed, and they said after 500 miles it will go away.. well after 700 miles, not only has it not gone away, but if anything its louder. I called them to let them know its not been fixed, and they informed me. Sorry this is normal for this clutch, its a sacrifice you make when going with a twin disc...

Why have i never had this issue before with an exedy twin disc setup?? NEVER have i had this issue before.

STAY AWAY FROM COMP CLUTCH THEY ARE JUNK AND SHITTY CUSTOMER SERVICE

No, its not normal. Stay away from comp clutch, its junk. I installed one on my 2011 sti with brand new built motor.. it Sreeches or squeals like crazy engaging in every year, first and reverse are the worst. I called comp about the issue as soon as it was installed, and they said after 500 miles it will go away.. well after 700 miles, not only has it not gone away, but if anything its louder. I called them to let them know its not been fixed, and they informed me. Sorry this is normal for this clutch, its a sacrifice you make when going with a twin disc...

Why have i never had this issue before with an exedy twin disc setup?? NEVER have i had this issue before.

STAY AWAY FROM COMP CLUTCH THEY ARE JUNK AND SHITTY CUSTOMER SERVICE

+1 on the grave dig haha, but As soon as i did away with my twin, and went back to a Brand new ACT 2600, my trans stopped grinding third and i never looked back.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back