The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Comparision: Topline vs. OEM Water Pump

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I will try and make this as clear as possible.

Approximately six months ago I ordered an OEM Mitsubishi water pump along with many other parts from a reputable vendor on DSMtuners. They offer an OEM Mitsubishi water pump and a Topline water pump. I was told by their employees that the OEM pump comes in just a bag from Mitsubishi and the Topline pump comes in a Topline box. I had never seen either part before brand new, only old used water pumps. I received my water pump in just a bag and thought great, I'm one step closer to building my motor.

Several months later my brother ordered an OEM water pump along with other timing necessities from the same business for his DSM. He received days later a Topline water pump in a Topline box. This was obviously the wrong part. I proceeded to compare my water pump that I received in just a bag to his water pump that was in a Topline box. They were identical. I started to wonder if I too was sent a Topline water pump instead of an OEM pump. I called and spoke to their sales department and the person who answered proceeded to tell me that Topline specializes in copying OEM parts and there is no visible difference between the Topline water pump and the OEM water pump. I trusted this individual until days later my brother received the correct water pump in the mail. A true OEM water pump with actual Mitsubishi part numbers on it.

There are many visual differences between the OEM pump and the Topline pump. I only then realized, months later, that I too was sent the wrong water pump. If mine was sent in a Topline box, not a bag, I would have sent it back right away like my brother did. The vendor then gave me the run-around, refused to give me the part I deserved and eventually offered me ONLY the difference in credit between the two. The topline pump was still brand new in the same packaging they sent it to me in, and they refused to take it back even though it was entirely there fault. So now I'm stuck ordering a new OEM pump from somewhere else and have credit at a vendor I refuse to purchase from ever again.

I was not a one time customer there, I spent thousands of dollars there. I made it EXTREMELY clear they would lose my business if they did not handle it appropriately and send me what I deserved, thats all I wanted. I even took it as far as contacting the owner of the business, who is a JOKE. I wrote him a professional email addressing him as MR....and he wrote back telling me that is too formal for him, to address him by his first name. He is an ignorant man that refused to take care of his valued customers. I found it shady that I was given a Topline water pump in just a bag to be passed off as an OEM Mitsubishi pump so that is why I am writing this to inform and make aware other DSM'ers of the differences between the two and the shady business that some supposed "reputable" vendors are doing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back