1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Coming from 90’s Subaru’s

Posted by Kyless626, Feb 6, 2019

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. Kyless626

Kyless626 Probationary Member

Joined Feb 6, 2019
    Irwin, Pennsylvania
    Decided to pull the trigger on a dream platform Saturday, I picked up my 1996 Eclipse RS I want to do a street/drag build on, already have done a fair amount of research and am working currently on preventative maintenance, driveablity upgrades and body repair. Then I plan to move to a 420a turbo build with horsepower goals of 250-300 wheel.

Attached Files:

Street Build 102  5

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. Ludachris

Ludachris Founder & Zookeeper

Joined Nov 12, 2001
    Roseville, California
    What kind of 90's Subaru? Are we talking 2.5RS coupe (GM code)? Always liked those. Welcome. Not a lot of 420A people around these days but you'll find a lot of content in the sub-forums here.

Street Build 8K  0

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (sold)
    manual · 2G DSM

Road Race Build 6K  23

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    435.0 whp · 399.2 lb/ft · 1G DSM
  3. Kyless626

Joined Feb 6, 2019
    Irwin, Pennsylvania
    I had 2 1998 legacy GT’s that were N.A. to turbo swaps.

Street Build 102  5

fwd · automatic · 2G DSM
    Ludachris likes this.
  4. ChessmoDSM

ChessmoDSM Supporting VIP

Joined Apr 22, 2017
    Burlington, Vermont
    Welcome to the forum, the 420 turbo option is a pretty expensive rabbit hole to venture down for not a lot of payoff in the end, you might be better off using this GS as your commuter and then grabbing a GST or GSX in the long run..

5. Kyless626

Joined Feb 6, 2019
    Irwin, Pennsylvania
    I have a 2016 Legacy as a daily and will be getting a WRX in the next few weeks. this car is souly a fun project, like I said my power goals are under 300 looking for more of a fun little car to throw around. I know with a fresh motor build and a T3 with proper tune, new suspension and a few other things it should do what I hope. It’s also sadly an RS not even a GS.

Street Build 102  5

fwd · automatic · 2G DSM
  6. ChessmoDSM

ChessmoDSM Supporting VIP

Joined Apr 22, 2017
    Burlington, Vermont
    Sounds like you have a plan, just wanted to warn you about the cost to fun ratio you are facing, the WRX will suffice as your "fun" car, this can just be a long term fun project..

7. Kyless626

Joined Feb 6, 2019
    Irwin, Pennsylvania
    Yep its going to be a project, but not a car that I’ll let sit in my garage for a year. I’m super excited for it and probably will end up with a GSX or another legacy as a 3rd car but souly as a track car. The RS is ultimately going to be the weekend car that handles well and makes enough power to keep up with friends at the drag strip.

Street Build 102  5

fwd · automatic · 2G DSM