The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Colt goes 10's

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coltboostin

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 23, 2003
Cleveland, Ohio
Went [email protected] first pass out today on my bad head gasket, bad enough I had to pull over on the way to the track and on the way back to put 1/2 gallon of coolant in the pig. Maybe I will unlazy myself to fix it now to get some better times.

Jam.

So what turbo are you using? Looking at your profile, it says b16g which I find a little too small to run that type of time....

Deez said:
So what turbo are you using? Looking at your profile, it says b16g which I find a little too small to run that type of time....

Not true, however very difficult. With the weight of a Colt it could be a possibility. I mean hell there is a guy running 10's on a 14b so I think anything is possible if you put your mind to it. If you can get the car lightened up quite a bit it shouldn't be a problem to get into the 10's on a big 16g.

I thought that I made it apparent that its unlikely he's using that turbo. If you want to get technical, Curt Brown ran a 10 on a 16g in a much porkier Evo8... I wasn't talking about posibilities but rather what his setup is. :thumb:

"IT is a mutt of 2 turbo's I had laying around, so my cost all together was 300$ for the rebuilt of a good 57 trim cartrige and a wasted 60-1 turbo. It is a t3/t4 stage 3 .63 ar on the hotside." qouted from 4g61t.org

phatTSi said:
Not true, however very difficult. With the weight of a Colt it could be a possibility. I mean hell there is a guy running 10's on a 14b so I think anything is possible if you put your mind to it. If you can get the car lightened up quite a bit it shouldn't be a problem to get into the 10's on a big 16g.

Maybe, but it sure as hell would not trap 136mph!

As for the turbo, what ep3_4 said.

Awesome times man! Congrats! :thumb:

I actually bought my HKS 272s off a guy in Ottawa/Gatineau that had a Colt running 11.12@138! I'm sure he could have hit 10s... with traction! hehe! :thumb:

JP,

Nice pass, man. What slicks were you on, and where was this at? The last time I saw you at 42, you had what looked like 22in slicks or dragradials and you couldn't get traction what so ever, however you were pulling this MPH.

23.5x8. I like them on the small side so I can spin enough to save the stock axels and tranny. I did nto do anything different, besided launch the car. I never ran real well at 42 though, maybe 11.8@134 at best? I have gone 136 many times at Norwalk, it is just that the stock ignition is on the verge of miss all the time at 30psi, so if ti holds, I go 136. If not, somewhere in the low 130's.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back