1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Colorado for Vacation

Posted by LILGSX96, Oct 23, 2003

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
  1. LILGSX96

LILGSX96 Proven Member

Joined Dec 2, 2002
    , Hawaii
    I am trying to plan a trip in January for myself wife and two kids. None of us have seen snow. I have lived in Florida or Hawaii all my life, my wife is from Hawaii so you get the picture.
    So what is there to do in Colorado in winter. Or what about AZ.?

Luke

265  0

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    · 2G DSM
  2. slospyder

slospyder Proven Member

Joined May 21, 2002
    Warren, Michigan
    the skiing/snowboarding is simply amazing anywhere you go in colorado... i went for the first time last year and i still think about how great it was.. thats the only thing i know about it.... i went to a place called Breckinridge btw.... probably one of the best vacations i have ever been on

3. darthfoul

darthfoul Proven Member

Joined Aug 5, 2002
    Aspen, Basalt or Snomass is really nice but is REALLY expensive. I lived there until they kicked me out cause i was too poor. ITs really a great spot to vacation and experence Colorado. Skiing, snowboarding, shopping ( for the wifey ), great sceanery and almost like a different world. aspen0131sm.jpg

4. ph3r3d

ph3r3d Proven Member

Joined Jul 9, 2003
    lemoore, California
    our weather sucks! i hate it..

but on another note, the views are amazing, and ski/boarding is great, we have snow allready. I'd suggest going to aspen then any other ski resort..

5. zmarko

zmarko Proven Member

Joined Nov 26, 2001
    Aurora, Colorado
    Colorado is my favorite place in the US. Totally beautiful. One day I hope to live there. If you've never been to Rocky Mountain National Park ( www.rmnp.com ) it is absolutely gorgeous. I would, however suggest maybe a trip later in the year. The winters out there can be rough, and if you've never seen snow (let alone driven in it), you could be getting a little over your head. RMNP has snow fairly late in the season. There are plenty of websites you can check out on what to do while you're there. It depends on what you're looking for.

Quiet mountain retreat? www.eptrail.com (Estes Park Gazette website with tons of links on it)
    Denver city type vacation? www.denver.com
    Skiing? http://vail.snow.com/

Generic Colorado Information? http://www.colorado.gov/index.html

There are TONS of sights to see in Colorado, a lot of them can be closed during winter due to weather.

Picture taken from a campground inside RMNP.

Attached Files:

6. JeRmZ

JeRmZ Proven Member

Joined Mar 26, 2003
    Oh man good 'ol Colorado! :sniffles:

I grew up in CO. and then moved to FL., I absolutely love Colorado ... like someone said it seems as though your in a different world!
    Estes Park is a very nice town to visit. Breckenridge, Vail, Aspen, and Steamboat springs offer very good ski/boarding! Denver has plenty of shopping to keep the wifey busy (16th street mall)! I don't know how long you'll be there, but if you get a chance to go to RMNP definitely do go, You'll never want to leave!

What part of CO. are you going to?

336  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    · 2G DSM
  7. DSMWillyb

DSMWillyb Proven Member

Joined May 19, 2002
    Windsor, Colorado
    Yeah it deffinitly depends on what part of Colorado you're going to... North of Colorado Springs (or around there) and anywhere west of I25 is some purdy country... I live in WY... and wish I lived in CO - well most parts... I think you'll like it, especially if your goin to the mountains....:thumb:

378  0

1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    · 1G DSM
  8. ph3r3d

ph3r3d Proven Member

Joined Jul 9, 2003
    lemoore, California
    i like the drive from the springs to denver.. awsome views... unless you do it everyday, LOL

9. curtis_rak

curtis_rak Proven Member

Joined Jun 11, 2002
    Come to Canada man!

One place in particular: Whistler, BC

403  0

1995 Eagle Talon N/T
    · 2G DSM