The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Collapsing Lifter

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vexixx

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 14, 2004
West Mifflin, Pennsylvania
I'm in the middle of reinstalling my head and noticed that some lifters are able to be pushed in and some are solid. So I thought that I had collapsed lifters. After reading alot of the threads on here I understand that the ones that are near solid are just filled with oil and the others are/could be empty. Is there a way to pump it with oil without priming them in the engine to see if there collapsed or not? From what I read they should all come out pretty much solid and if they come out and able to be pressed there more than likely collapsed? But they sat for a month at least so could the oil have come out on its own? I just need to know if I need to order lifters or not really, so how can I test these? Not clean them, but test. Thanks.

I was trying that and I didn't get any results..... How long should I be pumping them for? I was pumping for about a minute on a bunch of random ones and none ever stiffened back up. I was just thinking... I guess I should have been pumping it with the paper clip and not by hand. I'll give that a shot.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back