The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Coilover/Suspension Recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBoneHere2Kill

Probationary Member
Dec 30, 2021
Port Coquitlam, BC_Canada
looking to get a set of coilovers, was originally think of getting a set of Feals with swift spring and radial bearing upgrade but with the exchange rate (Canada) looking to see if there are some different choices I can make in the slightly cheaper price range ($1500-1700) before I move up prices ranges
Done some searching and wouldn't be apposed to a strut and coilover sleeve like the Koni if they still made them but don't want to do any modifying or cutting (aside from bump spots)
Car will be mainly a daily driver with the occasional auto cross or "casual" track day

Just pick one that fits your budget and goals. That's the best thing for you many opinions on these things.

Agree lots of opinions ones too harsh ride is not to another . Koni's with Ground Control sleeves would be hard to beat for quality and price if you can find rear konis for a 1g. Have to refresh my memory but think you can make konis for a 2g work on the rear. Last I knew some other options to look into are Megan racing,Bc racing,K sport, and d2. I have no personal experience with any of these. Some may say they have the same parts. I know ksport and bc racing have a few different variations depending on setup.Think you can get swift spring upgrade on the Bc racing coilovers. Also Flatout Suspension is another one to look into fairly new to the DSM platform. Flatout or Feal would most likely be my personal choice if /when I go to coilovers From the reviews Ive read.

Last I checked JIC is no longer an option. Got mine years ago from Muellerized. I reached out to them about rebuilding them and parts are NLA.

Ohlin's are the option now.

Last I checked JIC is no longer an option. Got mine years ago from Muellerized. I reached out to them about rebuilding them and parts are NLA.

Ohlin's are the option now.
I also Messaged Muellerized for ohlins and sent the whole info checklist in. How long do they normally take to respond back with a quote?

Not entirely sure if they still make them but I have a set of coil overs from flatoutsuspension.net. Fully adjustable and a 3 year warranty. Check them out.

http://www.farnorthracing.com/team.html I trust Dennis's opinion on struts and shocks
I don't recall dennis having recommendations for a 1g but yes he is a good resource.

In general I avoid mullerized as the owner has a bit of an attitude problem and I found him to be incredibly disrespectful.

If you get these adapters you can run any evo coilover on a 1g dsm. I think you will need to get dsm top hats though at least for the front.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back