The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

coilover kits?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candela

20+ Year Contributor
May 10, 2002
Austin, Arizona
re there any real coilover setups made together for a 1g, or do i just have to go with some spring and strut mix match?:D

I'm assuming the by "real" you mean performance? If that's the case then there is really only two choices, the set from DSS and GroundControl. I've had the DSS set-up for three years now with AGX struts and I love it. The car handles in the same league as race prepped 2G cars in my opinion. Just give Mike at DSS a call and tell him what kind of driving you do and he'll get you hooked up. Be warned, if all your looking for is just to drop the car for looks he won't be able to help you out.

Tim

thanks a lot, all i ever heard of was the dang gc's... i was wondering if there is a whole combo like the tanabe sustec's or something

HKS, Tein, Apexi'i doesn't make adjustable coil-over shock combo for 1G I know they make them for a 2g's.

Later,

Actually Tein does make them, but any coil over kit is going to cost $1200+ from what I have seen. I have heard great things about the DSS/AGX combo and that is what I am going with.

Not sure how much more visible I can make the link at the top of this page - Parts Guide:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=2_43

Keep in mind there's a difference between a true coilover kit and just coilover perches like the GC and DSS kits that use your existing shocks.

That link shows most, if not all of the brands available for the 1G.

maybe i should have made my question a little more clear... i wrote to see what has been tried and proven as opposed to the small selection that is in the parts guide...i wanted feedback from others, not just a price and a brand

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back