The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Power Transistor metal back plate

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffGS-T97

Supporting Member
Mar 22, 2019
Muncie, Indiana
I wanted to find out if the metal plate on the back side of the coil resistor pack can touch another metal surface without shorting the pack out Bought this car with it mounted somewhere different other than oem and am wanting to mout it to a custom bracket away from engine heat.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Thanks Tony! Man you are active on this forum helping people. In the same realm of things can you make the main ignition wires attatched to the ignition plug a couple inches longer without effecting the current picked up by the coils?

Ive been looking but are these wires 16 gauge or 14?
Not sure but I measured using this guy
14g od is 2.85mm
16g od is 2.80mm

Not sure but I measured using this guy
14g od is 2.85mm
16g od is 2.80mm

I might have messed up, I used rhe same size wire to lengthen the connector harness. Thing is its fine strands instead of thick strand like OEM. Im afraid it will fail. I was way off on the gauge.

Bad pic here's a better one.

I'd suggest making that bracket bigger. It is a heatsink and it looks like you may not have made it wide enough to directly pick up the heat from the transistors. Those are the two large squares (one's missing) below the holes here. The larger and more contact area the better.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back