The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G coil relocation

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffGS-T97

Supporting Member
Mar 22, 2019
Muncie, Indiana
Looking to relocate my ignition coils. Currently drive a 2g with the 1g intake manifold. I up for any and all ideas anyone posts. I'm curious to see what might be possible with some fab work. I dont like the coils being under the manifold ive been thinking about it alot and every idea i come up with i seem to have clearance issues or the plug wires wont reach. I really appreciate anyone who decides to chime in thank you.

I've had mine under the manifold for about 8 years, it's never been an issue, just use 1g wires and they're the perfect length.

Do you know where to get the lead covers for the back of the coils? I think mine shorted touching the manifold. I didn't have is secured enough and it rocked in there and touched. Can that happen or did mine just simply crap out?

Do you know where to get the lead covers for the back of the coils? I think mine shorted touching the manifold. I didn't have is secured enough and it rocked in there and touched. Can that happen or did mine just simply crap out?
I doubt there available anywhere these days. If you had the JMF bracket, I don't see how they could touch anything and short out.

Ok gotcha, its really hard to see where things are tucked up in there so i suppose I was just assuming they made contact. These engines are weird, i touched metal to the noise filter one time and blew the ignition fuse instantly. Thank you again.

I ran mine under the manifold without issues before going coil on plug. Local guy here now runs my old home made bracket that mounted them under the manifold.

Do you know where to get the lead covers for the back of the coils?
When I had the stock coil packs under the intake manifold without the terminal cover, just in case I coated the terminals by liquid electrical tape.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back