The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

1G 91 Coil pack and Transistor wiring for 90 car

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4g63Powered

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 17, 2008
Bel Air, Maryland
Ok, I'm converting a 90 harness to work on 91+ equipment. I've read all the stickies/FAQs posted here, and I just need a quick sanity check.

Using 91+ pigtails on a cut 90 harness.

Coil:
1) Yellow/black
2) Yellow/green
3) Black/white

Transistor
1) Yellow/black
2) Yellow/red
3) Black
4) -empty-
5) White
6) Black/white
7) Yellow
8) Yellow/Green

My question is this: Obviously, I connect Coil 1 to Trans 1, and Coil 2 to Trans 8. Is Coil 3 connected to Trans 6? Or is it tee'd off? The pin-out in the tech guide shows the black/white wire to be +12V; if it just runs between them where is the voltage coming from?

Sorta answered your own question, didn't you? ;)

Both black with white stripe wires come from pin 3 on the MPI relay. That wire tees off to reach both the coil and the PTU.

Sorta answered your own question, didn't you? ;)

Both black with white stripe wires come from pin 3 on the MPI relay. That wire tees off to reach both the coil and the PTU.

I was close, but the bolded part was escaping me. THIS ONE, correct?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back