The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Code reader code - P0340

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennis-1009

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 7, 2009
Loch Sheldrake, New_York
I finally got my car started and it ran for about 1 minute and then shut off. The engine light came on and the code that came up was 90340, camshaft position sensor. I have a crank angle sensor on my vehicle. I do not know if I have to hook up my e-manage system or if I have to adjust the crank angle sensor. All help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

did you remove the cam sensor from the engine and decide to run a crank sensor only? I don't understand.

I would test the cam sensor for any faults. get your manual and see what wires go where and check for the right voltage. back probe at the harness for the camsensor.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back