The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A Code P1391, and P0340 need help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slow_Rs

Proven Member
Oct 23, 2020
glasgow, Kentucky
98’ RS, having issue with the car, i’m getting these codes and i still haven’t been able to fix them. Crankshaft sensor was replaced a little while back and i just recently replaced the camshaft sensor and the p0340 code stayed, both of the sensors still look brand new, the timing is dead on with new belts all around, i’m out of ideas to try at this point.

Any help is very appreciated

Check the wiring connecting to the cam sensor. Folllow it all the way from the sensor to the ecu and make sure there are no cuts, burns or other issues with the wires.

Another thing to consider is that there could possibly be something wrong with the cam magnet. Unlikely, but a probable cause. Wouldn't hurt to pull the sensor and have a look.

Also, what brand sensor did you get and where did you buy it from? Most of the sensors offered on Ebay for the 420a are garbage, and some of them are not even the brand they're claiming to be.

Check the wiring connecting to the cam sensor. Folllow it all the way from the sensor to the ecu and make sure there are no cuts, burns or other issues with the wires.

Another thing to consider is that there could possibly be something wrong with the cam magnet. Unlikely, but a probable cause. Wouldn't hurt to pull the sensor and have a look.

Also, what brand sensor did you get and where did you buy it from? Most of the sensors offered on Ebay for the 420a are garbage, and some of them are not even the brand they're claiming to be.
all the wiring is fine, i got the cam sensor from a parts store near me, i forgot the brand of it

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back