The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G code 41 with missing wires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slow gs

Probationary Member
Aug 1, 2009
houston, Texas
well i serched the site and did not find anything on this, my car throws a code 41 so the first thing i did was check for plugs and stuff. on the main wire grouping there is a plug missing its close to the fire wall and about a foot away there is another plug also taped to the main wiring group. im suspecting since i just went through a top end rebuild it may have gotton lost in the fray and thats why it runs like this? symptoms include high idle when in park, miss-fires at when in gear, im also haveing very hard starts. any help or insight into the situation would be very helpful o' dsm gurus also my car is 4g63

If it's plugs that aren't connected then i guess just fish around in the engine bay and look for where they go, their are tons of sensors on these cars as I'm sure you know. Are the two plugs male? Or female? And are they of the same style build? And is the one that's missing cut? Or broken off?

If so you would have to find out which wires you would need to wire back into a new plug, and if you can find the places where the plugs go (or if they aren't the wiring harness and part of the device) where the wires for them are, then you can have a better idea of what's missing, or what is cut.

Also more description or pictures would help.

well i uploaded them here they should be in my gallery both plugs are female, im thinking there might have been something that you plug into that connects to both of them but im not a mechanic on dsm's, so im not sure about all the wiring.

A code 41 is an injector misfire code. One of your injectors isn't firing for some reason. Measure the resistance on each injector, measure the voltage at the injector harness, check the resistance of the injector box. Lots of diff. things could be making that code go off.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back