The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Cobalt Commercials, bwahahahaa!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91awd said:
That is one ugly car is it the same as the saturn ion redline? the vette looks awesome though.

The vette looks sick, and I'm not a fan of the Cobalt's looks, but 200+ supercharged ponies work for me, but the vids are still funny imho.

Hahaha - I gotta say, those commercials are pretty damn good. Not much on the Cobalt's looks though...

It does use the same engine as the Red Line, and the Cobalt is based on the same platform as the ION - so it's essentially the same car, but without the lame center mounted gauges on the dash or the flip-out doors...

those commercials where funny as hell, not a bad car, will need to grow onme a little more though

The Cobalt is coming off to me a lot like the Scion Tc and ugly 3 piece arc spoilers...

At first.... I didn't care for it too much...

Then... I started to like it and check out the specs and search for pictures....

Now.... I kinda like it and would really like to see one\drive one.

Looks like a decent alternative to the srt4 and redline. WAY better than the piece of crap cavalier it's replacing, maybe chevy finally has some quality in it's lineup along with the c6 vette.

The "BUMP" commercial was the best one ! I was like WTF ! nice work though cool cars

91awd said:
That is one ugly car is it the same as the saturn ion redline? the vette looks awesome though.

Yeah, the Cobalt uses the same 2.2L Supercharged Ecotec platform that is in the ION Redline.

-Scott

Those Redline Ion's are damn quick, a friend of mine walked all over a Z28 in his stock redline. Not bad for a saturn
BTW SL2, The Ion Redline has a 2.0 Ecotec

Chevy will sell me a car when it has AWD and DOHC together.

Until then, my DSM will be the thorn of choice in my side.

Am I the only one who doesn't like the styling of the new Corvettes?

leet said:
Am I the only one who doesn't like the styling of the new Corvettes?

I like the older fronts a lot more...they should be shot for getting rid of the pop ups. :(

Not too shabby. I kinda think its cool. Dodge is hopped on the 4 banger bandwagon, why not Chevy, Ford, Saturn & more.... :p

xdiego16x said:
Those Redline Ion's are damn quick, a friend of mine walked all over a Z28 in his stock redline. Not bad for a saturn

Right. So you're telling me a 205 hp car that runs 14.7 in the quarter mile walked all over a 285 hp z28 that can run low 14s?

:| :thumbdown

xdiego16x said:

The guy in the Z28 must not have been paying attention because the best a Redline ION is going to pull in stock form is low 14's, at it's best.

Sorry about the incorrect specs, all the quad coupes run 2.2's whereas the Supercharged variant in the redline is in fact a 2.0.

-Scott

i like how they give the cars in the commercial their own personalities. you don't see the drivers, so it's more like the cars themselves are having fun. that bump one is great. the vette just spins around is like "alright, whats the f*ckin problem". kudos to the people that made that commercial

Correct me if i'm wrong, but at 5,280 Ft above sea level, a supercharger is going to react faster than a N/A engine. Plus, it was an automatic

xdiego16x said:
Correct me if i'm wrong, but at 5,280 Ft above sea level, a supercharger is going to react faster than a N/A engine. Plus, it was an automatic

You are correct that in higher altitudes, forced induction does help the process quite a bit.

However, seeing a car that possibly runs high 13's lose to a car that has been test at high 14's seems odd. A full second in the quarter mile translates to a massacre on the streets.

But stranger things have happened.

9D9 MITSU RS said:
We need more compacts w/ V8s IMO. The V8 sound is so nice. That focus V8 is gonna be nuts. OMG

Focus V8? WTF why don't they atleast give it a nice body and RWD/AWD

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back