The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsm racer91

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 25, 2009
austin, Texas
A couple of days back i started noticing that the clutch pedal got stuck and didnt want to go up. And today in the morning my clutch pedal was easy to push in and i didnt go back to its original possition so i pressed it again to shift to 1st gear when i noticed that it didnt want to go into 1st 2nd 3rd not any gear while i was still pressing the clutch pedal. do i need a new clutch?

check all your tranny to engine bolts.if there loose it will push the tranny out making it hard to get in gear and the pedal easier.and if you find these bolts are tight have someone push the clutch while you watch to make sure it pushes the fork arm if it doesnt your slave cylinder is bad.

I had a similar problem and the problem was a bad Master Cylinder. I ended up replacing the slave first, since that is the most common issue.

How old are your master/slave cylinders? Mine were barely a year old, but were installed by a mechanic, so who knows if they actually changed them... I learned to do my own work after that. haha

slave is down by the tranny master is up to when you pop you hood directly in front of your steering wheel next to the brake fluid reservoir and it goes into the fire wall onto your clutch pedal. im having the same problems right now..ive replaced both but mine is a leak in the lines

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back