The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kareem17

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 14, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario_Canada
Hey guys, I need a new clutch, I hear to go with a ACT 2100. Is there anything cheaper than $330 bucks? My car is a daily driver car, and I don't go to the track and race. So what should I go with?

ACT 2100 would be fine for your application...You're a FWD and it sounds like you won't be doing any hard launches any way so it would be perfect...If you do ever plan to do some real drag racing or something you would be safer with a 2600

im also in the same boat, but do occasionaly make it to the track. also have a goal of near 350whp

anyone know at what power, the 2100 starts seeing its limits?

NyQuiL07 said:
im also in the same boat, but do occasionaly make it to the track. also have a goal of near 350whp

anyone know at what power, the 2100 starts seeing its limits?

Well, 2100's can withstand the power of a modified FWD better than a modified AWD...I think you would be fine with the 2100 but if you are planning on going with a bigger setup and occasionally going to the track, the 2600 will be your left foots friend :thumb:

heh, everyone is always so quick to jump on the ACT bandwagon... I run a ClutchMasters FX400 ceramic puck clutch... and I can grip as well if not better then an ACT2600, AND it requires about 50% less pressure to activate.

Needless to say, I don't bi*** about my left leg being sore after a jaunt through rush hour.

I had a clutch masters in my old talon before and liked it. I have the act 2600 now and like it just as well. I'ts only a slightly firmer engagement over stock.

i recently installed a ACT 2100 clutch and it feels great. There has been some claim that the hydralic clutch rod wont disengage completely with some ACT clutches but so far I havnt had any problems like that.

Quite a few of my honda buddies run clutchmasters and love em, and the ones ive personally rode are great. Ive heard hearsay that there not good for dsm's is this a rumor, or something with some backing? I wouldnt mind paying a bit more for a clutch with more comfort/drivability.

The 2nd link is for N/T applications only so that is out of the question...All of the other's seem like they won't withstand enough power a modded DSM would put out so if the decision was mine, I would not get them

is there a clutchmaster or exedy clutch kit that is cheaper than the act 2100 for a slightly modded dsm?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back