The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Clutch Wont Disengage

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P3Kans DSM

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 4, 2010
The Harbor, Illinois
I've replaced my clutch master and slave cylinder, along with a ss clutch line. My clutch still feels like its riding and wont disengage in 1st and 2nd gear. I've bled and bled and tested it out and still no fix. Any ideas on what to fix. TOB, clutch fork. Any help is much appreciated.

have you replaced anything else like the clutch recently and how does the pedal feel

I've replaced my clutch master and slave cylinder, along with a ss clutch line. My clutch still feels like its riding and wont disengage in 1st and 2nd gear. I've bled and bled and tested it out and still no fix. Any ideas on what to fix. TOB, clutch fork. Any help is much appreciated.

LOL i think I've encounter the most problems with clutches and tranny's on dsmtuners... hehehe.
Won't disengage??? If it won't disengage it shouldn't be able to shift into gear when the car's on.
When ever you install a new master you need to bench bleed and adjust the master cylinder to jacks video. Your clutch is dragging right now I think.

probably need to adjust the pushrod on the master fork that connects to the pedal the engagement point is ###### near the floor right now

before you do that, when did the disengage problems start? did you just replace the clutch? or did it just happen one day when you got in your car?

parked it one night. got in it the next and had no clutch pressure. replaced the master and slave now this is happening.

ive bled the system and took it out for a drive. i was in 2nd gear going 40mph at only 2k rpm's. 4th gear is hard to get into. You cant go straight back from 3rd you have to go right towards 2nd to get it to go in. Any thoughts?

I've adjusted the pedal according to the Jacks Trans video. I have no play off the floor what so ever though. I tried today just to see the catching point and as soon as i let pressure off the clutch the car dies. I also have to rev up to 3500-4k to get the car moving.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back