The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Clutch Weirdness

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

13secGST

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 1, 2002
San Luis Obispo, California
Ok I have an ACT 2100 that has been in the car since I bought it. Sometimes while driving, when I press in the clutch it is really easy like butta, but it used to always and is normally pretty stiff and is a noticalbe clutch upgrade. My question is, what could be making it sooo easy to press in the clutch, it'll go in easier than the gas....

I realized that most of the time it seems to do it if I start off at a slow roll and continue driving "slowly" like old people but it has happened when I have been stoped and when I have just been cruising and needed to change gears.

Just wondering but how would air bubbles cause this problem, I'm not doubting it just wondering how. Where is the bleader valve for the clutch fluid? The fluid is just DOT 3 or 4 right?

The fluid it dot 3 and I believe you can blead it at the slave cylinder, thats where I do mine. I have a 1g but i don't see why it would be too different from a 2g. air bubbles in the line will make it soft b/c it will interrupts the hydrolic pressure in the clutch line. I don't know how to explain it other than that. just bleed it a couple times and see where that takes you. If you are experiencing clutch problems most people will tell you to check your fluid and bleed it first. Good luck

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back