The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Clutch travel on south bend

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

str95tsi

Proven Member
Jun 19, 2014
Eugene/springfield, Oregon
Ok so I'm just wondering how much travel you have in the clutch pedal.
I have had lots of clutch brands fidanza, act, oem, comp clutch and never had an ishu.
I was driving the car for the first time last week and it seemed the clutch was disengaged at the floor. I've always had it disengage 1-2" from the floor.
That was how I liked it.
Any I deal what I can do to fix it?
Or is this one of those things you just have to put up with.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I am running the same clutch. Mine disengages about 3" from the floor. I had to adjust the rod under the dash to get it where I liked it. Only pain was getting under the dash, so if your rod isn't adjusted all of the way out, adjust it a turn or two at a time until you have it where you want it, or at least that's what I did. Southbend SS PP with Kevlar/Ceramic disk is what it looks like you have and that is just like mine.

You can't just adjust the rod out until you like the place it engages. If you turn the rod out past where it can self adjust you'll damage the throw out bearing, clutch fingers, or crank thrust bearing.

You are right Donnie......blew that one. Forgot on these it plays with the slaves travel too. Been messing around with my Camaro too much, my bad.

Typically with a new one, it should be in the 0-2" range off the floor, and as it wears it will come up on the pedal a little bit. Just be sure you are not over-disengaging the clutch as it will result in clutch slip, contact of the hub to the pressure plate fingers, and uneven wear of the friction materials.

Bleed / flush your hydraulics, then do the pedal adjustment at the master cylinder adjustment rod / pedal assembly by adjusting the rod towards the master cylinder 1-2 revolutions and see where it is. It might need more or less depending on your current adjustment. If you are currently maxed out, then adjust the rod several revolutions into the pedal, then bleed / flush your hydraulics and then start the adjustment process over towards the master cylinder until you get the proper disengagement range.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back