The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Clutch sticking to floor

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtrsrf10

Probationary Member
Sep 14, 2002
Phila_Pa
Alright my clutch is weird as hell. Sometimes its fine, sometimes if feels...soft and sometimes it sticks to the floor and i have to reach down and pull it up. Now im not to keen with the whole clutch assembly, but someone told me it was prob my pressure plate. does that make sense? what else could it be? thanks

I am not positive here and I am not trying to scare you but I have heard that these are some symptoms of crankwalk. Could also be bad master or slave cylinder. Not sure on the pressure plate theory.

Same EXACT thing happened to my GST. Clutch had different engagment points every time I drove it. Fell to the floor on left turns and going straight. I was able to pull the pedal up with my foot though like you. Replaced the master cylinder, that fixed it...for a week. Same thing happened. Replaced the slave cylinder...fixed for a week. Took it to Mitsu. Turned out it was crankwalk. Car is there now getting a new shortblock installed. My advice is to take it to a mechanic now and check endplay.

Check your clutch hydraulics before you assume the worst.

Don't let these guys worry you, crankwalk is so overhyped on this site :rolleyes: .

yeah have it checked out and let us know what happens. Don't assume the worst you could just need a new clutch master cylinder. P.S. don't listen to guys who own a 1g when you ask a question that might sound like crankwalk. They won't give you advice they just assume the worst most of the time. Thats just my .02

Originally posted by RoasT BeeF
Yeah what are you thinking listening to me? I drive a 1g dammit! I dont know shit about CW.:rolleyes:
LOL, man I love CW. Hasn't happend to me but the car does have a new engine so I suspect engine failure was present in the past. At that low of mileage what could it be? The symptoms you are describing are some that I pray I will never get.

Originally posted by gtrsrf10
Alright my clutch is weird as hell. Sometimes its fine, sometimes if feels...soft and sometimes it sticks to the floor and i have to reach down and pull it up. Now im not to keen with the whole clutch assembly, but someone told me it was prob my pressure plate. does that make sense? what else could it be? thanks

Seems like a slave and master cylinder prob to me. You getting any fluid on the inside of the car near the clutch pedal? Just dont make the mistake of getting one done, if you do the slave, do the master. And i doubt its CW, whoever said its overhyped, YES.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back