The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Clutch-stage 2 kevlar or stage 3 carbon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slo2gen

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 26, 2005
Upstate, South_Carolina
I have a 98 rs and I am about to turbo it. Well wouldn't you know when I get enough money to buy some turbo parts my clutch decides it wants to start slipping. :notgood: Well I called the dealership and the clutch kit from them is $475. Ouch! Well I was looking at getting a stage 2 spec that has the Kevlar disk in it or the stage 3 with the carbon disk. How long is the break in time for a Kevlar disk? Is it a lot shorter than the carbon? Also if I get the clutch kit is that all I would need to do the install or would I need to buy more parts? Thanks!

I'm not a fan of Kevlar as a friction material. Kevlar has a low coefficient of friction and requires a higher clamp load from the pressure plate to hold the same torque.
I used the Clutch Bastards Kevlar years ago; it didn't like me either.

Dont go with kevlar what ever you do. Kevlar goes byby after a few hard launches it hates heat. Good for the low HP honda boys though.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back