The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Clutch replacement?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mazda-man

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 14, 2010
Street, Maryland
I am going to replace the clutch and flywheel in a couple of weeks on my 95 talon tsi and am wondering if I should replace the release fork and pivot ball while I'm there or if thats not really needed. My car has 130000 miles on it. Any info or opinions will be appreciated thanks.

yeah you should, replace both pivot ball and fork, had a 99eclipse replaced clutch and flywheel did not replace the fork an ball and had to remove transmission to replace them, they wear out, and give you a hell of a problem to engage in to gear

When you have the flywheel resurfaced do NOT trust that they will do it right. Give them the depth you want and physically verify it before you leave the machine shop. Any good machine shop won't mind that you ask them. Do NOT take their word for it. A depth mic doesn't lie.

The flywheel is getting replaced with a fidanza unit. Put thanks for the input. Has anyone had any experience with the competetion clutch forged release fork and piviot ball?

Why am I measuring the new flywheel? It has not been resurfaced and never has to be because it has the removable contact surfaces.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back