The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Clutch problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricecooker

Probationary Member
Jun 5, 2002
orlando
Ok i have a 1990 eagle talon tsi fwd.
i changed my clutch , slave cylinder and master cylinder .So everything is new, however i have a major problem.First the clutch pedal is all the way to the ground .i kinda fixed that by pushing the lever from the transmission case out and letting someone pump the pedal till the rod from the slave cylinder pushes out and meets the lever all the way.whenever i do this the clutch pedal gets hard but the is still some play in it.However the clutch now is always engaged and the boost builds and revs build but the car feels like the clutch is slipping. Other than that if i dont push the rod all the way out the clutch total is engaged and the pedal stays all the way to the floor.

Well i think it might be my release bearing(throw out bearing).
Please help me to figure this one out.
thanx for your help guys

How old is your clutch? Is it factory? Do you have any launches on it? My friends 95 GSX was doing the same thing I said clutch he said no. We replaced everthing but the clutch still didn't work right. We replaced the clutch with an act 2600 it fixed it. Turns out the springs inside the clutch disc had come out and wedged against the disc and the flywheel. Also you can adjust the pedal. The adjustment is at the top of it.

Welll i just recently changed the clutch and all the stuff mentioned above except for the release bearing.So i have no clue of what it could be.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back