The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Clutch Problems???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kareem17

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 14, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario_Canada
I've got a 1997 eclipse gs-t, and I have drove it maybe 3-4 times in the last 3 weeks because of my clutch. This is what is happening:

Problem #1: The clutch pedal sticks to the floor when having to shift, and because of this I have to use my foot to pop the clutch back up.

Fix: I bought a Master and Slave Cylinder Clutch kit, to fix both cylinders. Which I figure is the cause of the problem, because the master cylinder didn't look in the best shape when it was took out. The slave cylinder didn't look that bad though. So after the install of the system we bled the system to get out any of the air that could be in the system. That didn't work...

Problem #2: The clutch resvoir cap looks like it was leaking, or getting air into the line, because of the clips were broken

Fix: I bought a new cap for it and then re-bled the system, still no luck, clutch still sticking half way...

Problem #3: So I started to read the haynes manual more in depth, and it said to try adjusting the clutch rod (push rod) or whatever its called on the master clutch cylinder

Fix: I finally got the clutch to pop up automatically, so I figure it might be fixed. But when I try to shift gears, it doesn't disengage the clutch so I can move forward. So I tried backing up the rod to see if I can find a happy medium on it so the clutch will pop out, and still get in and out of gear with ease. But no luck...

Does anyone know what could be wrong with my system? oh yah and we checked the lines, doesn't look like there is any cracks or holes in the lines. Thanks

Are you losing fluid at all? If you pump the clutch a lot, does the fluid level stay about the same or does it drop (leaking)?

no there is no leak... I just got my car back from my uncle (he's a mechanic). He said I need a new clutch. It looks like it is worn out, and not holding any pressure... So now the new question is... who makes the best clutch? and what one do I need?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back