The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Clutch Problems!!!!PLZ HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

girl20racer

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 13, 2002
Schofield/Oahu, Hawaii
I'm actually posting this for my friend, the car: '95 GS-T Thank you guys and gals for any help:

ok here is what is happening. i need some help figuring it out. i replaced the master cylinder, slave cylinder, and the clutch lines. blead the hell out of the clutch, no air at all. if i drive easy on my GST, the clutch will be engage and dissengage fine. well if i get on it the clutch pedal just hits the floor, needing to be pumped back up so i will have a pedal again. i check the fluids. no leaks. i was wondering when i bought it from the previous owner, he said he had a new clutch installed. can you install a weak clutch on my engine, like for a non turbo, and it work for a little while on my car and it start to act up like it is now. im just trying to figure out what is wrong before it gets torn into in a week. id like to know so when it gets worked on i know how much im spending in advance. thanks for any help!
OH YEAH, keep in mind it drives fine when i take it easy and dont really let the turbo spool up. just kinda driving on all motor. when i watch my gauge, i try to keep it a 0 boost, and it shifts fine.

OMG wow..... it sounds like your clutch cant handle the turbo and when you try to shift when turbo engages you slip... but ummm yeah... thats my opinion

Actually we were talkin about it earlier, and he said that may have been the problem too,, so you guys gotta be on track, LOL. Thanks! :D

well here is the update on the situation. my pressure plate and clutch were GONE. you could almost push the springs thru with your finger. i also had to get another tranny. putting it all back together tomorrow morning if the weather will chill out. i will keep you posted. thanks for the advice....

....can anybody tell me what weight of gear oil i need for the tranny??? i cant find my dsm shop cd.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back