1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Clutch Problem?

Posted by Pozobyt, Oct 24, 2010

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. Pozobyt

Pozobyt Proven Member

Joined Jun 22, 2010
    lucedale, Mississippi
    I just did a auto/manual conversion, and the car ran flawlessly the first few days, now all of a sudden, I can't get the car into gear with the car running. when the car is off, it goes into all gears very easily. the clutch feels fine, and I can watch the slave cylinder and it has the same ammount of movement as before when the clutch is engaged.(if that makes sense) I used a brand new oem clutch and throw out bearing. sometimes if I try to get it into first, it grinds slightly, even with the clutch pedal pressed to the floor. I only bled the slave after I put the transmission in, but the car ran fine for the first few days, so I wouldn't think I'd need to bleed it again, since it was just running fine.

I can start the car in first with the clutch engaged, and it's will run in first just fine, but still wont shift to second.

it is a 99 eclipse.

438  0

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    · 2G DSM
  2. ninja07

ninja07 Proven Member

Joined Dec 7, 2009
    antioch, Tennessee
    Adjust shifter linkage. Check clutch master rod adjustment. Good luck. Hope it fixes it.

272  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM