The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Clutch Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TjPhillips36

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 19, 2007
Elkton, Maryland
Hello,
I am working on a 95 TSi AWD. Stock motor, with a Southbend DXD clutch and disc. Brand new OEM through out bearing, release fork, pivot ball, and master cylinder. Clutch has been adjusted.

The problem I am having is every time I push the clutch in the rpms drop significantly to like 300 rpm and the motor almost stalls. It also ticks very loud. I don't even know where to start. Any help is greatly appreciated.

It also did this before, and I thought i was the throughout bearing so I replaced it with a brand new OEM unit, along with the fork and pivot ball... :talon:

Sounds like the early symptoms of crankwalk :cry: Have someone inside the car press the clutch pedal in while idling & watch the crank pulley - if it moves outward towards the body, she`s walking . . . :talon:

It's a freshly re-built 98 motor with the revised 3 piece thrust bearing, has maybe 100 miles on it...

+1 for checking for crankwalk. although its a new motor its still very possible.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back