The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

clutch pedal

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gotbl4d3

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 14, 2011
billings, Montana
Alright here is my problem i got a new clutch and trans and flywheel. My step height is correct my PP is torqued to spec and i installed a new pedal assembly shep rebuilt. Well my clutch still isnt fully disengaging and i have bled the system properly and adjusted my clutch to jacks video. But when i get it adjusted right i dont have any threads showing on my adjustment rod and when i do set my pedal height to spec it sits lower then my brake pedal. If someone could help me with this i dont wanna keep driving it with it not workin properly bu i bdont have a choice this my daily driver and i payed to much to toast this new tranny right out of the gate so if someone could give me some idead on whatd wrong that would be great thank you

When you look under the transmission, where is the fork sitting while at rest? It should be just slightly past the center point toward the drivers side.

Heres a picture

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

the fork sits slightly off to the driver side. i know the fork is in the right position because i installed a new clutch fork and pivot ball so i know i i dont have to shim the pivot ball. the engagement between gears is inconsistent sometimes it will shift amazing and other times it hangs up and grinds 3 to 5 gears shift like butter 1 sometimes locks me out and so does reverse but 1 to 3 hangs up and grinds when shifting and i did the clutch drag test so i know it is dragging. so i know its a disengagement issue not a synchro issue

Your master cylinder ok? Also when the adjustment screw on the master is all the way adjusted out as far as it can go towards the mastercyl, can you still push back on the clutch fork?

And you are sure your cruise controll switch isnt tightened all the way in pressing down on the pedal?

Yes my master is an nee oem unit and no i have the right amount of free play at the top of my clutch the thing i domt understand is why i dont have any thread on the bracket and like i said it sits lower then my brake pedal i dont think thats right is it should i bleed the system again this is driving me nuts guys

Well i found out whats wrong shep trans welded my clutch pedal wrong so what should i do re wrld it or just grind off the weld and install a new nut on it and how much do i habe to preload the clutch pedal so it gets the full swing thank you

Anybody?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back