The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Clutch pedal sticking down

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsmj89

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 11, 2008
Miami, Florida
Hey guys how's it going ? Been working on my friends talon lately, and yesterday i had another friend install a new clutch on it.

Problem is, before and even still after the new clutch, after you step on it WOT and shift the pedal sticks to the floor, in turn not allowing you to get in gear.

Could a bad slave cylinder be the cause of this ? My friend also has in the trunk a stainless steel clutch line which i will be installing tomorrow.

Anyone have an idea ?

was it properly bleed and adjusted? Also make sure the return spring is attached

Haven't checked the return spring, i will look into that. And the slave cylinder is the oem one, has never been touched.

You mean it is sinking and not coming up. When that happen to me it was my master cylinder. I change it and no more problems. A master cylinder don't have to leak to tell you it's bad. Age can also kill them.

Edit:
Also there is a plastic tab inside the cylinder that will not hold the pressure so it will sink.

Thanks dreamt that info helped. I'll tell my friend to start looking into replacing both the slave and master at once.

Almost sounds like a slave or also needs to be re bled. Just bleed it really well. If you do the stainless line then also take the bleeder out of the slave cylinder and you will see a restrictor in there. Just take a magnet and take that out if you want a better pedal response. There is a write up about it on VFAQ Site - Visual Frequently Answered Questions. Yeah its also good if you haven't replaced the clutch master and slave cylinder it is probably time considering the age of our cars.

every time i have to bleed my clutch the pedal goes to the floor and then i have to pull it back up but after that its fine . i think you still have air in the system .

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back