The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Clutch Pedal / Master Cylinder Bracket

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spyderturbo007

DSM Wiseman
Dec 20, 2002
New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
Does anyone know if this bracket can be removed from the pedal and the master cylinder rod?? My master is fine, but the plastic bushing in this thing is worn out and making noise when I use the clutch.

I know it can be removed from the pedal by pulling the cotter key and then the clevis pin. What I don't remember is if it can be unscrewed from the end of the master cylinder rod or if it's fixed. I haven't done the master cylinder in forever and don't remember if it's permanently attached or not.

If it is removable, does anyone know what it's called and where I can get another one?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

It CAN be removed.

I actually usually get lazy with dicking with the clevis/cotter pin and leave the clutch pedal assembly.

I believe it's called the Master cyl retaining clip, they called it something in my haynes, I remember for sure I just don't have it with me!

But no, it unthreads.

Thanks. I figured that out yesterday when talking to the guy at JNZ. Apparently it's called the push rod in his parts program. He told me there was one left in the country from Mitsubishi. It was ~$12 and he said I should have it by next week.

I can't wait to get rid of this damn squeak!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back