The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

clutch noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misterio

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 16, 2004
pittsburg, Texas
Well when i start car and dont mess with it when it iddles it makes some weird like gurr and marble lose inthe clutch area and tranny area. So example turn car on leave it alone after a couple of second gurrrr sound but idles fine no smoke and blah blah. when i accelerate and let the rpms go down it makes the noise. or if at iddles i press inthe clutch it goes away. but after i drive it for 10 minutes or warms up it goes away. what canit be? any suggestions?
engine spec
420a non turbo FWD.
also clutch has never been replaced 128,000 miles

mechanic told me it was clutch
friend told me it was presssure plate
i think its some bearing(S) loose in there

what do i need to buy to fix this problem? should i go ahead and get an aluminum flywheel and clutch package?

yep that's ur throw out bearing. replace it when u replace ur clutch. it won't hurt ne thing, just very annoying. also, don't use the aftermarket throw out bearing when u replace your clutch since it'll still do it. buy a stock throw out bearing and use it with ur new clutch. good luck

What do you mean don't use the aftermarket bearing? i thought i got a new throw out bearing when i got a new clutch kit. Because It is still doing this and worse and its loud and annoying. What do i Need to buy and do to fix it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back