The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Clutch Master Cylinder

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

White99GSX

20+ Year Contributor
May 10, 2002
Pittsburgh_PA
My stupid Clutch master went and I was wondering if there is anything better than stock I can put in. I have a 99 GSX with a ACT 2600 in it and rather than put a stock one in I figured I'd put something a little beefer in. Let me know
Thanks,
Adam

Just order a rebuild kit for your master cylinder. ALL Hydraulic systems will wear out over time. Rebuilding it takes like 5 minutes.

You still have to remove the master to rebuild it don't you?

Does any one make a kit to change it over to a cable clutch?

Yes you will have to remove the Cylinder to rebuild it. It's honestly not that hard.

And I have never seen a cable operated clutch for a DSM.

Originally posted by White99GSX
Does any one make a kit to change it over to a cable clutch?

Fabrication, that's where DSMers shine. Just figure out a way to make about 5lbs of pedal pressure turn into like 800-1200 lbs by the time it get's to the clutch. Okay so maybe it wouldn't be that easy:shhh:

It's all simple leverage. You'd need a lever, and a bellcrank, and a pulley, a pulley, a double-sheave, a gang block, a pulley, another bellcrank (to turn it back 'round the right way again), a pulley, six yards of cable, two pulleys and a lever.

Legs off, fins on, simple met'l toob thru the back o' the head so it could breathe....

or you could spend 80 bux and get a new one and not waste your time dicking around

I ordered one for 60 from a local import parts dist. (Beck Arnley)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back