The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.

Please Support VR Speed Factory
Please Support Rix Racing

Clutch Master Cylinder

White99GSX

Proven Member
May 10, 2002
Pittsburgh_PA
My stupid Clutch master went and I was wondering if there is anything better than stock I can put in. I have a 99 GSX with a ACT 2600 in it and rather than put a stock one in I figured I'd put something a little beefer in. Let me know
Thanks,
Adam

leet

Proven Member
Jan 10, 2003
Atwater, California
Just order a rebuild kit for your master cylinder. ALL Hydraulic systems will wear out over time. Rebuilding it takes like 5 minutes.

White99GSX

Proven Member
May 10, 2002
Pittsburgh_PA
You still have to remove the master to rebuild it don't you?

Does any one make a kit to change it over to a cable clutch?

leet

Proven Member
Jan 10, 2003
Atwater, California
Yes you will have to remove the Cylinder to rebuild it. It's honestly not that hard.

And I have never seen a cable operated clutch for a DSM.

92redman

Proven Member
Oct 10, 2002
Holland, Michigan
Originally posted by White99GSX
Does any one make a kit to change it over to a cable clutch?

Fabrication, that's where DSMers shine. Just figure out a way to make about 5lbs of pedal pressure turn into like 800-1200 lbs by the time it get's to the clutch. Okay so maybe it wouldn't be that easy:shhh:

Defiant

DSM Wiseman
Jan 13, 2003
glorious Galt, California
It's all simple leverage. You'd need a lever, and a bellcrank, and a pulley, a pulley, a double-sheave, a gang block, a pulley, another bellcrank (to turn it back 'round the right way again), a pulley, six yards of cable, two pulleys and a lever.

Legs off, fins on, simple met'l toob thru the back o' the head so it could breathe....

loreak

Proven Member
Mar 26, 2003
PennsylvaniaUS
or you could spend 80 bux and get a new one and not waste your time dicking around

White99GSX

Proven Member
May 10, 2002
Pittsburgh_PA
I ordered one for 60 from a local import parts dist. (Beck Arnley)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com Raven Fabrication RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds