The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

clutch install cost

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paintball4fun21

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 13, 2006
onalaska, Wisconsin
i just ordered a stage 3 clutch and flywheel online and i was wondering what the average cost would be for install at a garage
thanks!

Its sometimes tricky to even find a shop to install a clutch that they didnt sell you. When doing a clutch there is a lot of variables, and therfore many average shops wont install a clutch you bring to them.

If you get around that problem and find a shop to install it (they wont warrantee any work) It can run anywhere from 300-650. I was quoted 650 to put in a new clutch, but then found otehr places could do it for 300ish.

i would just call the shops around your area to see what they typically charge. depending on who you are to them (ie regular customer) you might get a good deal... say 150 for both.
worst case... you have to post up on here and www.dsmtalk.com to try finding someone that will help you out. actually, i think that's the better idea (if you have the time). but, don't just limit yourself to dsm bouards, check out www.automotiveforums.com , www.supraforums.com , www.wrxtuners.com , etc. the internet is full of car nuts that are usually nice guys (sometimes even gals!) and are happy to help with something like a clutch install (for nominal compensation)

EDIT: i just noticed that you list your car as a porsche 944... i think your best bet is going to be the internet or satan (dealership). with a porsche, most people are going to try to soak you for all they can because they'll think you're loaded (whether you are or not is not the point). with the internet, people are often happy to help; to most of us, when it comes to installing something (provided the person has genuine knowledge), a car is a car

hey sorry i havent changed my car yet i just got a 95 talon tsi and im ordering parts
thanks for the clutch help

Agreed I would find a fellow dsmer or car nut in your area thats what i'am going to do for now. Mechanics charge you up the arsh and i will never deal with them again. If they see a talon/eclipse they think its a gold mine becuase they think its has so many problems and they will charge you with more problems. So find a local car nut or a dsm guy. :thumb:

i got around 450 to 650 but also make sure whoever does it knows what they are doin cause my cousins competition clutch brand new got jacked before it even got on the road cause it got mounted slightly sideways

PieEyedPiper said:
In cali the lowest i could find was $720
wow that ridicolous... do it yourself or find some dsm wiseman or car junky to do it. They will do it for cheaper and will do a better job :thumb:

we charge $600 (AWD) for labor and all fluids tend to add up to about $60. I recommend you invest in a SS clutch line too. If you can budget it in get one to go from the Master to the Slave. You'll love the consitency in the pedal.

VicBoost said:
Agreed I would find a fellow dsmer or car nut in your area thats what i'am going to do for now. Mechanics charge you up the arsh and i will never deal with them again. If they see a talon/eclipse they think its a gold mine becuase they think its has so many problems and they will charge you with more problems. So find a local car nut or a dsm guy. :thumb:

a good shop like ourselves (shamelss plug) will do the job right the first time, make sure everything is good to go and stand behind our work. ;) to most people that means a whole lot.

Hey guys, My clutch is on it's way out in a big way. I called my mechanic today for a quote. He said it would cost $750 for a new clutch (OEM Clutch Kit) which includes resurfacing the flywheel. I'm guessing this is about right and don't want to call around too much since I want it fixed ASAP. Anyone know where I can get one of those stainless steel lines? Sounds like it's worth the investment for an extra $25 or so. Also, If someone knows of a good reputable DSM shop in Colorado area (Westminster area preferred) then let me know. Thanks, Chris

EDIT, I just noticed RRE sells the stainless steel clutch lines for $20+ shipping. Maybe I'll pick one up from them.

@talon94es

Consider spending for a higher performance clutch if you have any ambition of modifying for more power (yes I realize your NT). The point is, that you won't have to pay to have someone open up the car again to change out the clutch if/when it starts slipping due to your new performance goals. Just food for thought.

Yeah, I thought about that but I just want this to be a reliable DD. I did most my "mods" in the first few years of ownership. Aside from maybe doing an exhaust manifold I have no plans to do more mods. I did order the stainless steel clutch line so hopefully that helps a little with clutch feel.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back