The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Clutch ID?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Browning

Probationary Member
Jan 5, 2017
Greenville, South_Carolina
I am currently in the process of reinstalling the transmission into my eclipse. When I bought the car, there were three clutches in the trunk. One of the clutches is incredibly rusted and came with a few dead animals caught up in the fingers (I guess someone forgot to reinstall the guard). The one I was planning on using I have now discovered is completely destroyed on the inside from some close inspection. The third and final one looks like it could be really nice but I am unsure about whether or not it fits the car because a lot of the parts I was given with the car don't go to it. Does anyone know anything about what this clutch is and what I need to run it in a bone stock 96 rs? Also how much are the clutch packs that come with the car stock?

Attachments

• IMG_0467.JPG
    IMG_0467.JPG
    292.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0466.JPG
    IMG_0466.JPG
    212.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0468.JPG
    IMG_0468.JPG
    242.1 KB · Views: 50
I don't know the correct id for our factory clutches, but in my opinion I wouldn't risk using the clutch unless its inspected, you can find cheap ones online and be sure your getting right one, brand new, and sometimes including throwout bearing as well. I got mine for 180 but they have cheaper

also I think we have whats called a modular clutch, mine was shipped and installed all in one piece, no alignment tool or anything my old just popped out and new one popped in, only saying this cause I notice the clutch is in pieces in your pictures

Agreed. Make sure you have a flywheel to go with that. The 420a eclipses came with a modular clutch as stated above and a flex plate which is what the has the ring gear for the starter.

Where a non modular clutch is what you are showing.

Honestly it's tough to tell from pics if it will fit. Are there any part numbers on the pressure plate? There should be some of some kind.

Yeah I know that I would need a flywheel, I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this specific clutch. There are no parts numbers anywhere to be found on the pressure plate (weird right?) so at this point I have just decided to bite the bullet and save up for a stage 3 XTD clutch as it is probably going to be easier (and less expensive) than searching far and wide for a fitting flywheel. This clutch was just something that came with the car when I bought it so I figured I might try to put it to some sort of use. It seems to be in pretty good condition though so does anyone know if there is anywhere that would buy this unidentified clutch?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back