The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Clutch fork issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtybird

Probationary Member
May 8, 2003
MississippiUS
Curious if many of you have actually broken clutch forks. Stroker motor going in car here in the next week and wondering if its worth the extra 130.for a billet one from taboo speed shop. Or if the stock one will be good enough. I've herd its good to replace them but alot of shops don't heve them on their website but if you ask them about them they say replace them.:talon: ?

I snapped my OEM fork in less than a year with an ACT 2600. After it snapped, the slave cylinder pressed it against the bellhousing and bent the slave cylinder rod at a 45 degree angle. That was another 60 bucks. I've bought the taboo steel fork now. $130 is a small investment knowing you won't ever have to drop the tranny again to change the fork.

Yeah thats the thought I have in the back of my head about the fork snapping. The only thing is, it be about another week b/c I sunk all the money in finishing paying for my motor.:talon:

Billet is much stronger than the factory one and might as well do it once right ..:dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back