The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Clutch engages by itself at stoplight

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98 Mits GS-T

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 9, 2008
Scammon, Kansas
I have a 98 Eclipse Gst Spyder. If I am sitting at a long stoplight with the clutch engaged in gear it starts engaging the clutch and tries to move the car but only after sitting for around a minute. I am fairly confident it is the clutch master cylinder bleeding off back into the reservoir but I figured before I started throwing parts at it I would post a thread to see what everyone else said? :dsm:

See but the thing is it disengages just fine for about 45 seconds or so but then starts engaging by itself unless I pull it into nuetral first. It also disengages just fine when running through the gears or starting from a stop.

See but the thing is it disengages just fine for about 45 seconds or so but then starts engaging by itself unless I pull it into nuetral first. It also disengages just fine when running through the gears or starting from a stop.

I don't know for sure, but it seems like something in either the master cylinder, or slave cylinder is bad. Or the system has a leak in it somewhere. But don't hold it to me.

The level in the reservoir isn't dropping at all. I think I'm going to have to go with a bad clutch master cylinder.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back