The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Clutch Engage/Disengage problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goro21

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 16, 2002
Wheaton, Illinois
I had my transmission completely rebuilt a few months ago as well as my clutch replaced (put a stock clutch back in) .. Everything works great except for when I rev high (6.5-7k) in first gear and then go to shift to second. When i push the clutch pedal in, it doesnt seem to disengage the clutch, as shifting out of first is not humanly possible. I can shift at 5-6k no problem, its only when your really getting on it that this happens. Oh, I have also replaced my Master and Slave clutch cylinders recently. . not really sure what would cause this to happen. Anyone have any ideas?

Out of all the item you mentioned that you replaced above. (obviously now ruled out)
someone can chime in here anytime but im thinking maybe clutch release bearing possibly sticking..( Thats just a guess)

how much boost you running? stock clutches tend to slip if you drive them too hard. especially if you don't break them in.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back