The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

CLutch disc peel

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phantom_19

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 13, 2007
curacao, South_America
Hi

Today i removed my gearbox off my 1G 4g63 because the car didnt go forward anymore. It turned out that my clutch plate was peeling. It has no meat left. The peeling fabric could be found all over in my gearbox.
I have a few pictures to show. Its a Ebay Gripforce F1 clutch stage 1.
Should I ask for some kind of refund?I purchased it 18 of march 2011, but installed in somewhere in July
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Well i would contact them, some things i just get from vendors its so much easier to deal with, its your money, contact them then you will know what to do from there.

Has your clutch fork been contacting your pressure plate?

Has your clutch fork been contacting your pressure plate?

Hi

I just took the picture. You can see that the PP was touching a different part of the gearbox as shown here.

There was too much oil of some kind in the gearbox housing i think. Everything is black

No clutch should touch the transmission like that. There is something wrong. Why is the disk so far off center? BTW take the slave off before you remove the transmission. Thats just a big lever that will break off the ear if you accidently drop or shift the transmission during removal.

That pressure plate looks a bit thicker than the stock one. Are you using the starter plate between the block and transmission? I am also going to say that it is very possible that what ever oil is in there could of cause the clutch to come apart. Sometimes the liquids can soften the friction material.

I'd like to know where the fluid came from also. Whatever the source is you need to find it and fix it.

Hopefully this was "professionally installed" as they will most likely ask that if you decide to contact them.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back